OPERATION: Work Together
by Tim Werle
When we go through things that we think have no purpose and are not helping us to succeed at our plans, we need to remember that in God all things work together for good. Your trials, while they are difficult for you at the time, are working to the furtherance of His Kingdom. Not yours. When we are delivered for our trials we need to remember a few things. First, thank God for the deliverance. Then remember what he did for you and share that experience, share how your testimony grew, and give hope to others in the same situation.
In the Operation we are about to embark on you will see that each of the ingredients by themselves taste different. Some sweet, some bitter, some dry, and some bland. But once they are mixed and refined by the fire, they are sooooo good. Let this be a reminder to us that God is using us for good and that when we all come together thing just smell, taste, and feel better.
Any cookie or cake recipe, but here is the one from the back of the Tollhouse Chocolate Chip bag. (My Favorite)
- 2-1/4 cup Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup (2 Sticks)Butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup White Sugar (Granulated)
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Nuts (Optional)
- Baking Sheet
- Leave the butter out prior to this so that it can reach room temperature. This part is important.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt in a small bowl
- In another bowl mis butter, sugars, vanilla, until creamy
- Add eggs 1 at a time and beat well.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir in Chocolate and nuts
- Drop spoon fulls on baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes
- Cool for 2 minutes
- Taste each ingredient. What did it taste like? Was it good or bad?
- What was your favorite ingredient?
- What would happen if we baked the cookies to long? To little?
What is happening in my life right now and what is God using it for?
Can I remember a time that God delivered my from something? What was it and have you see the “Good” that was created from it?
Some times we need to be the salt and some times we need to be the sugar. Other times we need to be the flour to bring it all together. But don’t forget to add the Egg in your situation. That is The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit for with our it we would just be flat, bland, and not good.
Download the OPERATION: Work Together Workbook here. Just click on the link.
OPERATION: Time Capsule
December 19, 2011
OPERATION: White As Snow
December 11, 2011
OPERATION: Memory Stone
November 28, 2011